- Investors, who seem to be buying for rental investment rather than to "fix and flip."
- First-time buyers, who recognize that with low home prices and low interest rates their mortgage payment may be lower than the rent they have been paying.
- Retirees and those I term "near-retirees." Near-retirees are buyers who may be 2 to 5 years away from retirement, usually still live and work in their home city but recognize that it is a good time to lock in that future Tucson retirement home now while rates and prices are low.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
|KC 135 Tanker|
The Pima Air and Space Museum is located at 6000 E Valencia Rd (between I-10 and Kolb). Information on hours and tours can be found on their website: Pima Air & Space Museum
Labels: Fun Things to do in Tucson
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Saturday, February 25, 2012
The January sales statistics in the Tucson MLS show that the average sale price was down 2.7% from the previous month, but the median sale price was up 4.17% from December. Let the statisticians argue which is the most accurate reflection of the market, but we won't have a definite trend until both sets of figures are moving in the same general direction for a number of months.
The number of homes sold in January (915) was down 4.79% from the previous month but up 17.3% from the same month in 2011.
Three statistics and trends that do stand out:
- Two thirds of homes sold in January sold for less than $160,000. That price range is where the active market is right now. Homes in that range that are correctly priced for the market and in good condition are often selling in a matter of days.
- Cash is king! 37% of January home sales in the Tucson MLS were cash transactions.
- The number of homes actively on the market has dropped for 13 of the last 14 months and is at the lowest point since September 2005. There are now 4840 homes on the market.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
|Tucson and the Santa Catalina Mountains from Gates Pass|
Barry Goldwater's Crystal Ball - Arizona Daily Star
Monday, February 6, 2012
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Qualified buyers are taking advantage of these continued low rates and I am seeing noticeably more activity, particularly on Tucson homes priced under $150,000. There are a lot of first time buyers and prospective retirees out there looking right now.